Home Contact Us

We are the only NZ Police oversight body

We are not part of the NZ Police

Under law we are fully independent

If you have a complaint about the NZ Police, you can come to us

Whaia te pono, kia puawai ko te tika

Seek the truth, that justice may prevail

Help with Complaints

Find out here who else can help and about making a complaint on behalf of a minor.

Call us on 0800 503 728 if you need advice or guidance.

You can also get help from a lawyer or support person.

Citizens Advice Bureaux (CAB)

CAB provide free, impartial, confidential support and information. For more information visit the CAB website or call them on 0800 367 222

CAB can also provide help in other languages using Language Connect

Community Law

Community Law provide free legal help. Visit the Community Law website to find your local Community Law Centre.

Making a complaint on behalf of someone else

You can make a complaint on behalf of a family member or friend.

We will usually need written consent from the person affected or other clear evidence of that person’s knowledge or agreement.

Making a complaint on behalf of a minor

If you're making a complaint on behalf of someone under 18 years old or someone unable to make a complaint themselves you must state the nature of your relationship with that person and the reasons why you're acting on their behalf.

We can exercise discretion to decline a complaint made on behalf of someone else.

MoST Content Management V3.0.6374